Phasmophobia is a first-person, horror investigation survival game. It is currently in early access on Steam and is set to be released as a full game on September 10, 2020.
Phasmophobia is played from a first-person perspective and features sixteen different types of ghosts. Ghosts will haunt a player and drain their sanity, and will spawn and hunt them when it is low enough. Players must run and hide from the ghost and outlast it to escape. When players escape, they will need to return to the Van and leave the site. Sinister things will happen to players as they lose their sanity, such as their voice changing and their controller turning off.
Players can customize their appearance by picking from between eight different paranormal investigators. All equipment is purchased at the Van and can be loaded into it from a whiteboard in the lobby.
Phasmophobia features sixteen different ghosts which behave differently and provide unique clues. The game also features maps of varying difficulty and size. There are currently nine different maps available to players.
Phasmophobia is an investigative horror game developed and published by indie game studio, Kinetic Games. The game became available in early access through Steam for Microsoft Windows with virtual reality support in September 2020.
- Freedom of movement. The player can move their head and body around the environment
- Voice chat. Players can communicate with each other through voice chat, both locally and globally
- Sanity. The game features a high number of challenges and the player's sanity will drain when they encounter these challenges
- Speech recognition. Phasmophobia features speech recognition so that the ghost can understand the player speaking
- Too large of a map. The game requires players to travel around the map in order to complete objectives, which can be frustrating
- Limited save points. The game does not feature save points which can be frustrating when players are in the middle of an objective
- Lack of in-game map. The game does not feature an in-game map which can make it difficult to find objectives
- Too many options. There are too many gameplay options which can make the game hard to follow
- Lack of tutorials. There are no in-game tutorials which can make it difficult for players to understand how to play the game